How Coaches Can Prevent Bullying In Youth Sports
No parent or coach wants to see their kids or athletes being bullied, but yet we all know that bullying continues to be a reality in schools and on the playing field. In this resource, Active.com brings coaches several ideas for helping to prevent bullying on their teams. Among the ideas are:
- Educating parents on the effects of bullying, both short-term and long-term
- Identifying negative behavior that can escalate and lead to bullying
- Learning the risk factors for bullying instigators
- Encouraging open communication with kids so they have a place to talk about bullying
- Giving kids other, more positive, behaviors as a substitute to bullying
For more information from Active.com on bullying, click the link below.